Friday, January 27, 2012

Peek into my Parlor

Still in the USA
I am
sharing a glimpse
into my Belgian parlor 
as I left it
over 
a month ago


Filled to the brim with treasures from a life of world travels
and an ever changing room that makes me smile
one of my newest finds is
the little yellow velvet chair, a sweet French 'fauteuil crapaud'
or
translated
'tub chair'


The needlepoint Louis XVI Chair
was found while shopping with a friend at
the fabulous
Tongeren Flea Market in the city of
Tongeren, Belgium


And I just
love
this oversized lampshade
on this fun crystal French floor lamp
Oh, the Belgian auction...
a treasure trove
I'm
looking forward
to
the next one!

2 comments:

  1. Sigh.
    I'm becoming just a tad discontented with my Early IKEA decor.
    Your photos are a buffet of yummy.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was with you when you bought the Chinese bed, if you ever decide you don't want it, you know which daughter would gladly take it off your hands...

    ReplyDelete